Three questions

From: William Payne
Subject: Three questions
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 23:35:10 +0200

Hello there, using a CVS version of Emacs (compiled some time in august) and
I have three questions:

How do I set my Delete key to delete the currently selected region (and with
selected I mean selected using the mouse)?

Second question: I have the following in my .emacs:
(setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons '("\\(\\`\\|/\\)Makefile\\'" . makefile-mode)
       auto-mode-alist))

My old varaint would trigger Makefile mode (think I just had Makefile$ or
something similar), if the path contained the string "Makefile". That wasn't
so good. This varaint triggers makefile mode only if the actual file name
itself is called Makefile: that is good. However, I want it to trigger make
file mode if the file name (not the path!) contains the string Makefile, so
Makefile.in would trigger also. What do I need to change to get that?

Finally, can I pass a parameter to the configure script when compiling emacs
from source to make it build without sound support?

/ WP