Re: cannot find sendmail.exe

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: cannot find sendmail.exe
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:53:22 +0100

Rokia <Rokia@yahoo.com.cn.discuss> writes:

> it shows this error: no such file or directory, fakemail.
>
> I've googled this error, somebody has the same problem, but it was
> solved after he copy a fakemail.exe from the old version.

That does not solve the problem. You do NOT want a copy of
fakemail on Windows. The old version of fakemail.exe that was
distributed with W32 Emacs binaries used to silently fail, making you
think your mail had been sent, when really it had been silently
deleted.

The answer for most Windows users is to configure Emacs to use
smtpmail.el for sending mail. This should be described in the NTEmacs
FAQ.