Re: parens matching not matching all matching parens

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: parens matching not matching all matching parens
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 09:25:48 +0900

> The generic-mode stuff is fine for very very simple stuff, but nothing else.
> And sadly it doesn't naturally extend from one step to the other.

Oh, I don't know, define-generic-mode lets you specify a list of "mode
init functions" which you can use to set stuff like syntax-tables.  The
one generic mode I've made adds a syntax table that way, and I plan to
add a simple indentation engine in a similar way.

The main benefit of using generic-mode AFAICS is that it offers a pretty
painless way to avoid the baroqueness of font-lock -- you just give it a
simple list of "language keywords" and set up your syntax table
correctly and it does everything else.

-Miles
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff