RE: emacs and X

From: JayBingham
Subject: RE: emacs and X
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:55:49 -0500

On Tuesday, September 21, 2004 @ 9:26 AM, Elvin Peterson wrote:

> Is it possible to change emacs's position in X from within emacs?
Or
> even maximize the emacs window?  I would like it to go the upper
left
> corner.  One of the frame properties maybe?  Any help is
appreciated.

If I understand what you are asking correctly you want to be able to
change the position of the window using a facility of Emacs while
Emacs is running.
There is a built-in function that will do this, set-frame-position;
unfortunately it is not an interactive function.  So in order to use
it you will need to write a little interactive elisp function.  For
more information about set-frame-position look in the Emacs Lisp
reference manual (Frames -> Frame Parameters -> Size and Position).
Or C-h f set-frame-position RET.

-_
J_)
C_)ingham
.    Hewlet-Packard
.    Austin, TX
. “Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
.  Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire.”     -Dr. George W.
Crane-
Do not reply to this address - Reply only through the mailing list