Re: (kill-buffer "*scratch*")

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: (kill-buffer "*scratch*")
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:38:11 -0600

Frederic Motte wrote:
> The other night, I was not able to sleep, thinking about a game world.
> So I jumped out of my bed to write it down. Once I was happy of my
> work, I went back in bed feeling good.
>
> Today, I wanted to read it again, but impossible to found it back.
> I think I wrote it in the scratch buffer and closed emacs without
> saving it.
> Of course, emacs didn't asked me if I would like to save it.

But it did tell you:

;; This buffer is for notes you don't want to save, and for Lisp evaluation.
;; If you want to create a file, visit that file with C-x C-f,
;; then enter the text in that file's own buffer.

Try adding this to your .emacs file:

(save-excursion
  (set-buffer "*scratch*")
  (setq buffer-offer-save t))