filladapt: creating a new bullet style with bullet that appears only on

From: John Bullock
Subject: filladapt: creating a new bullet style with bullet that appears only on first line of paragraph
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 05:01:01 -0700

Hello,

        I use GNU Emacs 21.2.1 with filladapt 2.12.  I am trying to
make filladapt work with my style of bulleting: whenever a paragraph
begins with two hyphens ("--"), I want the rest of the paragraph to
be indented by two spaces.  For example,

                --It would be nice if filladapt would
                  do something like this.

But whatever I've tried, filladapt adds my prefix ("--") to every
line, so I get

                --Alas, this is what filladapt is doing
                --now.  I don't know how to change
                --it.

I can't read e-lisp well and so I don't have a good sense of where
my error lies.  That said, I wonder if it might lie here:

        (defcustom filladapt-token-conversion-table
          '(
            (hyphen-comment . exact)
            ; other styles appear here
          )