Re: imenu / speedbar and C++

From: Eric Ludlam
Subject: Re: imenu / speedbar and C++
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:05:30 -0400

>>> Jay Cotton <jay@fleeingrabbit.com> seems to think that:
>I've been enjoying the emacs imenu / speedbar features for coding Java
>and Ruby, but at the moment I'm working on a C++ project and now I'm
>having trouble getting imenu to recognize all the functions in the
>file. It seems to only recognize the class definition and the "main"
>function - which I guess makes sense if it follows a convention of
>only noticing functions that are delimited at the left margin.
>
>However, in my C++ file, all the interesting stuff happens within the
>class, and the functions therein are all indented a few spaces. Is
>there a way to broaden imenu's tag filter to allow for these functions
>to be captured?

Hi,

  The CEDET project has goodies to improve this situation.  See
http://cedet.sf.net

  I think ebrowse (which is part of Emacs 21) does something similar.

Eric

--
Eric Ludlam                     The MathWorks x 7556 eludlam@mathworks.com
http://www.siege-engine.com                          http://www.mathworks.com