Re: emacs key bindings: normal .emacs entries don't work

From: John Bullock
Subject: Re: emacs key bindings: normal .emacs entries don't work
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 03:50:28 -0700

Thanks for this advice.

right C-h l produces "ESC O C C-h l"
C-right C-h l produces "C-x 1 ESC O C C-h l"

C-right C-l doesn't seem to cause a *Help* buffer to appear -- the screen
flickers for a moment, but that's all.

I should have noted: when I say that the various global-set-key lines I've
tried haven't worked, I mean that when I use them, C-right is just like using
the right arrow on its own.  There is no functional difference at all.

--John