Re: Help: How to install auctex on winxp

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Help: How to install auctex on winxp
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:58:10 +0200

Dachao Li <dachao_sandy@sohu.com> writes:

> Thanks for your help. It really help me and correct my some wrong ideas.
>
> www.mingw.org is prohibited for blockade policy of internet in my
> country,

I have absolutely no clue why they would block _that_ of all sites.  I
mean, the Chinese government embraces Linux and independence from
proprietary software, and the whole mingw project is quite important
as a stepping stone there.  Unfortunately, it will probably be quite
difficult to find someone to complain to about this.

> but now I had downloaded the MSYS from the url. Thanks very much.

Well, we certainly don't want to block Chinese users from using AUCTeX
on Windows, so we probably need to figure out what other URLs we
should mention in the docs, even though they might be more
short-lived.  What a nuisance.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.