removing the toolbar

From: Uwe Mayer
Subject: removing the toolbar
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 15:12:54 +0200

Hi,

I added the line
'(tool-bar-mode nil nil (tool-bar))

to my .emacs file (- who needs the toolbar? ;)). A line in my .Xdefaults
causes emacs to start with geometry 83x71, but when the first emacs
instance initialises it starts up with the specified size but then removes
the toolbar and gets shorter by the space the toolbar took up previously.
If I open a file in another windows C-x 5 f it does not need to remove the
toolbar and the window is displayed in the proper size.

Does anyone know how to prevent the behaviour of the first emacs instance so
it starts up with the specified size?

Thanks
Ciao
Uwe