Using autoconf to release elisp package

From: Alexandre Russel
Subject: Using autoconf to release elisp package
Date: 10 Oct 2004 23:26:54 +0900

I manage to learn how to use autoconf with C code. I write the code
with main function hello.cpp and create 2 files Makefile.am and
configure.in such as:
----Makefile.am---start----
bin_PROGRAMS = hello
hello_SOURCES = hello.cpp helloworld.cpp hello.h
----Makefile.am---end------
and
----configure.in---start----
AC_INIT(hello.cpp)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(hello,0.1)
AC_PROG_CXX
AC_PROG_INSTALL
AC_OUTPUT(Makefile)
----configure.in---end0-----
and then run:
aclocal
autoconf
automake -a

I would like to be able to do the same thing with elisp. Say I have
2 elisp files(hello.el , world.el) and 1 texinfo file(hello.texi)
how can I create configure.in and Makefile.am so it would be as
easy as typing ./configure and make for a potential user.
I went as far as writing:
----Makefile.am--start----
bin_PROGRAMS = try
dist_lisp_LISP = try.el
TEXINFOS = try.el
----Makefile.am--end----
and
----configure--start----
AC_INIT(try.el)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(try,0.1)
AM_PATH_LISPDIR
AC_PROG_INSTALL
AC_OUTPUT(Makefile)
----configure.in--end----

But it doesn't work yet.Any link to tutorial or tips on how to make elisp
package very
welcome.
Cheers,
alex