How does align work? (Re: Ini mode)

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: How does align work? (Re: Ini mode)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:34:14 +0200

Saluton,

Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> skribis:

> > http://dapfy.bei.t-online.de/ini-mode.el

> - Have you tried to use the `align' package for alignment (it's part of
> Emacs
>   and should only requie you give it some regexp to allow M-x align RET to
>   work).

What I'm trying to get are two variants for =-pairs, one for :-pairs and one
for space pairs, as follows:

v1 =            value
longv2 =        value
vv3 =           value

v1      = value
longv2  = value
vv3     = value

v1:     value
longv2: value
vv3:    value

v1      value
longv2  value
vv3     value

Whatever I try (the following shows two spacings I tried alternatively, both
with and without column) gives me odd results:

  (set (make-local-variable 'align-rules-list)
       '((ini-colon
          (regexp . "\\([ \t]*\\):\\([ \t]*\\)")
          (group 1 2)
          (column . 0)
          (spacing 0 1)
          (spacing . 0))))

I was thinking I'd need three sections (each with run-if to decide which
apply, Java properties having all three styles).  How would they have to be
formulated?

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                              http://lernu.net/