Re: Gnus: using different e-mail addresses for different groups

From: Alexandre Russel
Subject: Re: Gnus: using different e-mail addresses for different groups
Date: 22 Oct 2004 01:30:49 +0900

> Can I train Emacs to use a different e-mail address for
> different groups?
What I use doesn't work on group but on identity:
First define identity:
(setq gnus-alias-identity-alist
        '(("firstIdentity" "" "\"My self\" <bob@hotmail.com>" "" nil "" "")
          ("secondIdentity" "" "\"My self\" <bob@workmail.com>" "" nil "" "")))
Now that you set up 2 identities, you can ask gnus to use one depending of the
header.
At my work everybody will use a workmail.com address so I can ask to send all
the
mail for a workmail.com address with the second identity:
(setq gnus-alias-identity-rules
        '(("send mails to anyone at workmail with secondIdentity" ("To"
".*workmail.*" current) "secondIdentity")))
It probably can be improve a lot but has been working for me.
And gnu.emacs.gnus would probably give you much better information.
Alex