advising jde-compile -- a better way?

From: Joe Casadonte
Subject: advising jde-compile -- a better way?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:44:07 -0400

jde-compile prompts me to save buffers before compiling, a practice
that I find personally annoying.  I've come up with the following, but
it seems ugly:

(defadvice jde-compile (around jde-compile-no-save-prompt act)
  "Supresses the save-buffer prompting."
        (fset 'save-some-buffers-old-fn-def (symbol-function
'save-some-buffers))
        (fset 'save-some-buffers 'ignore)
        ad-do-it
        (fset 'save-some-buffers (symbol-function
'save-some-buffers-old-fn-def)))

Is there a better or more elegant way to accomplish the same thing?

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte