emacs, post.el, slrn, no longer working together.

From: s. keeling
Subject: emacs, post.el, slrn, no longer working together.
Date: 26 Oct 2004 21:12:43 GMT

Until recently, all these things were working just the way they
should.  A recent upgrade appears to have broken some of their
functionality.  emacs outside slrn still works fine.  emacs with mutt
still works fine (though startup is slower; see below).  btw, I use
"emacs", not xemacs.

With slrn, however, I now have a plain old white on black emacs
display (previously, it was multi-colored).  The mode line says "Text
Fill".  M-x font-lock-mode does nothing.  "f"ollowup in slrn still
functions, but "r"eply reports something about file not found, message
not sent.  I used to do C-c-c to finish and send and that no longer
works.  C-x-c works, but then asks me if I wish to save some anonymous
file.

emacs is now slower to start up, mentioning "40mule-ucs" for about ten
seconds.

What can I do to try to track down the problem(s)?

This is Debian/Gnu Linux stable (Woody) 3.0r2:

ii  emacs-goodies-el         10-3                     Miscellaneous add-ons for
Emacs
ii  emacs20                  20.7-13.1                The GNU Emacs editor.
ii  emacs20-el               20.7-13.1                GNU Emacs LISP (.el)
files.
ii  emacsen-common           1.4.15                   Common facilities for all
emacsen.

ii  slrn                     0.9.8.0-10.backports.org threaded news
                                                      reader (fast for
                                                      slow links)

ii  mule-ucs                 0.84-11                  character code
                                                      translator
                                                      system on Emacs

post.el,v 2.0 2002/04/10 17:45:33 reid

.emacs: