Re: Setting mark now takes an extra keystroke

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Setting mark now takes an extra keystroke
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:32:30 -0400

Sarir Khamsi wrote:

> For some reason, when I want to set mark, I now have to press C-SPC
> twice. This just started happening recently and I don't know what
> changed on my system (WinXP/SP1, GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1). This appears to
> be the same for C-@, that is, I need to press it twice for set
> mark. Any ideas?  Thanks.
>
> Sarir

Are you using refill-mode? I find I have to do this when I'm using
refill-mode (which is nearly all the time.) My guess is the mode moves
text which upsets the mark. I haven't had the problem in any other
text mode and don't know of any fix beyond hitting C-space twice.

--Rod
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at
http://www.rodwriterpublishing.com/index.html.

To reply take the extra "o" out of the name.