Re: .emacs file missing!?

From: JS
Subject: Re: .emacs file missing!?
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:23:50 +0200

I have just made one by chosing "Open File" and then I typed .emacs! Was that it?

I have some troble getting Mosml to work in the emacs that comes with Unbuntu, could someone help?

Have you created one yet?  The .emacs file is a file that YOU make in your $HOME directory.  It does not automatically exist.

JS <dsa.@asdf.com> wrote:
I am trying to make mosml work under emacs, but I have to edit my .emacs
file to do this. But I can't find the .emacs file anywhere! I have just
downloaded and installed the latest version of emacs 21.3

Hope somone can help!

Yours
Johs