Re: .emacs file missing!?

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: .emacs file missing!?
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:28:04 -0500

"JS" <dsa.@asdf.com> writes:

> I am trying to make mosml work under emacs, but I have to edit my
> .emacs file to do this. But I can't find the .emacs file anywhere! I
> have just downloaded and installed the latest version of emacs 21.3

Have you created it yet?  Your .emacs file is the basic configuration
file for Emacs and is kept in your home directory.

You can take the tutorial and read the Emacs FAQ under the Help menu
which will teach you a lot about Emacs.  If you prefer, you can find
much of this information on the Web:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/emacs.html

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs-faq.text

http://www.emacswiki.org/