Changes i .Xdefaults?

From: JS
Subject: Changes i .Xdefaults?
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:47:55 +0100

I have changed my .Xdefaults so it looks like this:

Emacs.pane.menubar.horizontalSpacing: 2
Emacs.pane.menubar.verticalSpacing: 1
Emacs.pane.menubar.Margin: 0

It works fine when I write:

xrdb -merge $HOME/.Xdefaults

in a terminal window, but when I restart my Ubuntu Linux I have to write
xrdb -merge $HOME/.Xdefaults again before starting emacs else it just have
the standard look.

Is there someway to make changes in .Xdefault have permanent effect?
Rather annoying that I have to merge each time before running emacs.

Johs