Re: Using passing the tempo-template user input to my function?

From: Hattuari
Subject: Re: Using passing the tempo-template user input to my function?
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:02:14 -0500

Kai Grossjohann wrote:

> The normal Emacs way to do this by reading it from the minibuffer with
> completion.  See the function completing-read.
>
> Kai

That's pretty much what I'm shooting for.  What I want is to prompt the
reader for a series of responses, the first being of the form 'GL<type>'
where <type> is selected from a pick list.  The next will be an integer in
the range 1 through 4. And the last value will be boolean, preferably with
some mnemonic representation indicating its meaning.  I've looked at
completing-read and completing-read-multiple.  I wasn't able to figure out
how to use the latter.

I haven't directly revisited the topic because I want to finish reading the
preceeding sections of the Reference Manual. And because someone who's IP
address traced to a Redhat linux box in Japan discovered a way to attach to
several of my highports with ssh and gain access to my system...  I was
forced to reinstall since I couldn't upgrade from the very ancient version
of SuSE Linux I was running on the server.
--
p->m == (*p).m == p[0].m