Undefined color error

From: Ken Keefe
Subject: Undefined color error
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:35:19 -0600

Hello, I recently installed the latest Mandrake Linux distro and emacs
seems to be broken. Here is what happens when I try to start emacs from
a terminal:

$ emacs
Undefined color: "black"

And that is all that happens. I have tried reinstalling it, I even
installed it from the tarball available on gnu.org. Same thing. I am
guessing that this might be a problem with X or something? I can do
emacs -nw and it works, but I like the X version. I have completely
removed my .emacs file, so I don't think it can be that.

Thanks ahead of time for your help. I love emacs!! I feel like I have
been separated from a brother or something!

Ken Keefe