Re: Face precedence

From: Matthew Calhoun
Subject: Re: Face precedence
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 10:13:39 -0800

The documentation string for highlight is "Basic face for highlighting." When I turn on HL Line mode (which is part of Emacs, I believe) with:

        (global-hl-line-mode 1)

this face is used to highlight the line the cursor is on. It sounds like it's meant to be used for other purposes as well, but that's the only place it shows up under my configuration.

The documentation you pointed out to me seems to indicate that overlay priorities are the way to control this, but I haven't been able to figure out how to set them, or if it's even possible to set them outside of the original source files.

Thanks,
Matt