Re: jde wrong type argument

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: jde wrong type argument
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 12:21:26 +0100

Christian Schneiker <morran@gmx.de> writes:

> I'm an emacs newbie and I want to run the jde for emacs.
> When I want to start jde-mode I get this error:
> Wrong type argument: keymapp, nil
>
> oh..I'm running gentoo with emacs-21.3.50 and jde-2.3.3
> on my laptop it runs perfectly with same .emacs conf-file.

Please M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET, then provoke the error again.
You should get a backtrace.  If it contains gibberish (aka,
byte-code), then look below the gibberish for the function that is
invoked, say foo.  Then do C-h f foo RET to see which file the
function comes from (say bar).  Then do M-x load-library RET bar.el
RET (the .el bit is important).  Then provoke the error again.  Now
you should get a backtrace with less, or at least different,
gibberish.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Post the backtrace.

Thanks,
Kai