PHP syntax highligtning in Emacs

From: velle
Subject: PHP syntax highligtning in Emacs
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 19:54:57 +0100

Hi

I`m generally new to the linux world, but trying to convert. I have tried a
little Java programming with emacs, it has perfect indenting etc., when I save
as .java. I also want to program php, but emacs wont make any indention at all
when using tabulator. I`ve tried looking at different emacs help pages but they
are either really really long or I don't quite understand.

I`ve found the php-mode on http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-mode/. But it
seems to be only source and I don't have any idea how to compile.

I use GNU Emacs 21.3.1 on PII with Suse 9.1.

I would apreciate if somebody could tell me the easiest way to get, install and
setup a proper way of php indenting (and high lightning) in Emacs.

Velle