Re: NTemacs doesn't understand RCS

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: NTemacs doesn't understand RCS
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 23:03:20 GMT

> I'm still getting the same message, so I guess it is not working.  I
> put it in my .emacs file and just to be sure copied it to *scratch*
> and did an eval-buffer.  What is vc-rcs-master-templates?  The look
> like they should be file specs.  Is there a way to debug this code?

Put the code in a scratch buffer, place the cursor inside the
gmvhdl-rcs-template and do C-u M-C-x (i.e. "eval defun using edebug").

Then C-x C-f one of those RCS-controlled files : you'll be put inside the
Edebug debugger where you can execute the function step by step (`n' or SPC
advances one step, `q' quits).  See the edebug manual for more.

        Stefan