yanking text from font-locked buffers to Text mode buffer

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: yanking text from font-locked buffers to Text mode buffer
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:05:06 -0700

When I kill colored text from a font-locked buffer, and then yank it in
a Text mode buffer, the colors are preserved.  That is fine, but then
any characters I insert after the yanked text are colored the same way,
which is not fine.

How do I fix that?  Should I set the yanked text's rear-nonsticky
property to t?  I don't see a yank-hook, so should I do that by advising
the yank function?

Thanks,
--
Kevin Rodgers