Re: text mode, auto-fill, refill

From: martin
Subject: Re: text mode, auto-fill, refill
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:56:09 +0100

"EC" == Edward Casey <ejmn@cpinternet.com> writes:
 EC> Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:41:50 -0500
 EC>
 EC> I have a text file with very long lines (average over 200 chars) and in
 EC> the mode line there are two question marks after L (for line number. How
 EC> can I refill the entire buffer to a line length of say 70-80 characters?

you may select the whole buffer as region and execute the command
fill-region on it.

perhaps it could suffice to just view the whole line by use of the
command toggle-truncate-lines

 EC> Finally is the process reversible without loss of original formatting?

if you dont save the filled version of the file, you may revert the
filling using the undo function of emacs.

--
martin dot fischer at boschrexroth dot de