Re: sql-ms *SQL* buffer shows no output

From: Michael Mauger
Subject: Re: sql-ms *SQL* buffer shows no output
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:51:43 +0000 (UTC)

William Goedicke writes:

> I'm used to using sql-oracle in a unix environment and, now I've
> got a (yuck) Windoze machine which I want to use sql-ms on.
>
> Everything seems to go fine.logging but, nothing ever shows up
> int the *SQL* buffer.  Anybody seen this before?

I'm the maintainer of sql.el so I hope I can help you.  Can you tell me what
version of Emacs, sql.el, and SQL-Server you are using?  What is sql-ms-program
set to?  (osql works better than isql).

What is probably wrong is that isql/osql doesn't recognize that it is
interacting with a user, so never issues a prompt.  Try a simple "select 1 C-j
go RET" to see if it responds.

I picked up development of sql.el while switching back and forth between
Unix/Oracle and MSWindows/sql-server environments.  I've tried to make sql.el
support the different dialects better and support them simultaneously.

-- Michael Mauger