Re: sharing files?

From: David Hansen
Subject: Re: sharing files?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 04:01:02 +0100

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:19:04 -0000 Mike wrote:

> I'm thinking less of a white-board, though I said that, I'm
> thinking really of something like a snippet of code that looks
> for timestamp changes and reloads the buffer. It's not
> real-time, but should allow sharing of ideas, issues, etc. What
> do you think?

NFS, SMB,... and auto-revert-mode may do what you want.  But it
will for sure end in editing conflicts when two persons edit at
the same time.

This sounds like a job for version control like CVS (I'm sure
it will be possible to write a small script that regularly checks
for available updates).

Well... CVS ends in editing conflicts too but at least it can try
to merge and warns you on conflicts.

-- David