Re: Korrekte wyse om "tab width" te stel?

From: Jens Thiede
Subject: Re: Korrekte wyse om "tab width" te stel?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:04:42 +0200

Thanks. I added the following line to my .emacs file:

(setq-default tab-width 4)

Kai Grossjohann wrote:
Jens Thiede <jens.news@webgear.co.za> writes:

Wat sou die beste manier wees om "tab" se brute te stel na 4 spasies?

Perhaps it is easiest to hit M-i?  That should be pretty close to what
you want, except that it goes to a multiple of 8 spaces instead of 4.
But you can change the variable tab-stop-list:

(setq tab-stop-list '(4 8 12 ...))

Please expand the "..." appropriately.  I'm too lazy to do the
arithmetic myself ;-)

But I don't recommend to rely on this.  Emacs supports syntax-driven
indentation which can often be configured to your liking for the
language you're working in.  Syntax-driven indentation is really
useful for catching silly syntax errors such as a missing closing
brace.

P.S.
Ek skryf in Afrikaans (alhoewel daar niks vout is met my Engels nie) en wonder of ek daarmee kan wegkom (Dalk is daar Nederlanders hier?), sedert ek gesien het dat mense selfs in Japannees skryf.

Herzlichen dank für Diene Antwort. Ich sachte im letzten Satz das Ich sehen wollte op Ich eine Antwort bekommen würde of Afrikaans oder op Jemand es sonst lesbar finden würde.

Yes, the above paragraph is in German and I'm not going to waste time translating it.

I'm not sure if I understand the above paragraph, but I'm trying.

But I haven't seen many Japanese postings, except for Spam perhaps.

Kai