Re: emacs for everything?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: emacs for everything?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:42:42 +0000

Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu> wrote on Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:46:42
-0600:

>    > As for why I prefer to use X, it is because there are more
>    > modifiers available in an emacs running under X than in an emacs
>    > running in the terminal.

>    You mean, key-modifiers like C-M-<right>, right?  I've got all those
>    on the console, too.

> Um, I mean key modifiers like H-s-C-M-A-T, ....

Oh, THAT sCAM!  THA CAT sAT AN THE MAT!  MATHs, anybody?  AHH!!  CATCH!
HMMM.

> .... and if you have all of those on the terminal, I assume that some
> are just cheap simulations.

Cheap simulations?  How dare you, sir!

No, I've got C and M, but not H, s, or A.  Haven't got enough keys on my
keyboard for these, and I'm not sure I've got enough commands I'd want to
bind to them, anyway.  Maybe I could use one of the modifiers to take the
place of C-x or C-c, thus saving keystrokes.  Is that what you use them
for?

By the way, what does `T' stand for?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)