Re: Efficient Emacs usage?

From: Lee Sau Dan
Subject: Re: Efficient Emacs usage?
Date: 23 Nov 2004 15:55:29 +0800

    FCC> I wanted to draw attention to the fact that most internet
    FCC> activity, including processing of e-mails with their
    FCC> ever-increasing number is a time sink, since I was talking
    FCC> about the efficiency.

Gnus has a very flexible "scoring system" and regex matching system to
sort mail  automatically.  This  means you can  match patterns  on the
mail headers  and -- based on  the matching results --  sort them into
different mail folders automatically.  So, spam mails go to the "spam"
folder.   Important  mails  (from  a  few e-mail  addresses  that  you
specify) go to  an "important" folder.  Mails from  colleagues goes to
the "company"  folder.  E-mails from  your family members goes  to the
"family"  folder, etc.   And you  can  of course  check the  important
folders first, deferring  the less important folders to  when you have
spare time.  Mails in the spam folder can be ignored and auto-expired.

So, using Gnus and customizing it properly help you save time.

--
Lee Sau Dan                     李守敦                          ~{@nJX6X~}

E-mail: danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de