Re: Efficient Emacs usage?

From: Lee Sau Dan
Subject: Re: Efficient Emacs usage?
Date: 24 Nov 2004 11:44:06 +0800

    FCC> OK, you have changed my mind, Gnus will help save time. I
    FCC> have a working Gnus setup in my _emacs, but sending mail
    FCC> using smtp with authentication never actually worked with
    FCC> this server, and I had to abondon it finally.  Now I am using
    FCC> Thunderbird.

I've  got smtps  (smtp +  ssl) working  here.  Dunno  what  "smtp with
authentication" is about.  But I'd find  it hard to believe that it is
not  done  yet,   if  it  is  based  on   *open*  protocols.   If  the
authentication extension  is specified in an RFC,  then someone should
have implemented it for message-mode.

--
Lee Sau Dan                     李守敦                          ~{@nJX6X~}

E-mail: danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de