Where is emacs.local on Emacs for Windows?

From: Nancy Salay
Subject: Where is emacs.local on Emacs for Windows?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:37:40 -0500

Hi All,

I just recently downloaded version 21.3 of the Emacs for Windows. It's
working very well but I haven't been able to customise because I can't find
the equivalent of the .emacs.local file.  What I would really like to do
right away is get some colour-coding for comment markers such as semi-colons
and such.  Anyone know how to do this and what file I need to make the
changes in?

Thanks in advance,
Nancy.