RE: How to automatically write *Messages" buffer to a file?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to automatically write *Messages" buffer to a file?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:19:16 -0800

Something that I don't like about advised functions is that I cannot use the
debugger with them (unless I'm missing something). - Drew

   Stefan's "advice" advice:

    `advice' is a sledghammer: it's the last resort before
    modifying the source code.

    Advising is a source of major headaches because of unexpected
    interactions with other pieces of code...
    Advice have to be written *extremely* carefully.
    I.e. if you can do it without `advice', then don't use `advice'.