Re: compile command

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: compile command
Date: 26 Nov 2004 00:29:33 +0100

Rodrigo Canellas <r.canellas@terra.com.br> writes:

> Hi,
>

> In my '.emacs' I have this:
>
>     (global-set-key [f9] 'compile)
>
> But I would like to 'make' the project when I pressed 'f9'.
>
> I tried
>
>     (global-set-key [f9] '(compile make))
>
> but I got a syntax error.
>
> I also tried (global-set-key [f9] '(compile (make)))
>
> but I got this message:
>
>     Wrong type argument: commandp, (compile (make)
>

> Does anyone know how it should be done?

Yes, you should pay attention to the error messages!  If they're too
fugacious in the Mini-Buffer, you can see them in the *Message* buffer.

compile: Wrong type argument: char-or-string-p, make
who says What's wrong         What's expected   What you gave.

The world will now reboot; don't bother saving your artefacts.