Re: emacs for everything?

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Re: emacs for everything?
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:16:51 +1100

On 28 Nov 2004, Maciek Pasternacki wrote:

>>> ...except when you try to paste a shell script from
>>> editor/browser/whatever.  Before I had ScreenTerm and could safely
>>> disable hotkey I also used backtick but strange things happening when
>>> pasting textwere annoying.
>>
>> Yeah.  A friend uses C-o, perhaps that's better.  In a shell, you
>> don't use C-o that often, and for the few times, C-o o is good enough,
>> I think.

To duck in here briefly, after *long* consideration, I ended up with my
screen(1) control key on 'C-]', with 'C-] C-]' generating the actual
sequence.

The logic:  I don't use `abort-recursive-edit' very often at all, and
the only other common tool using that key sequence at all is telnet(1).

    Daniel
--
Men become civilized, not in proportion to their willingness to believe, but
in proportion to their readiness to doubt.