Re: REPL

From: Elvin Peterson
Subject: Re: REPL
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:25:16 +0530

Maciek Pasternacki wrote:
On Boomtime, The Aftermath 40, 3170 YOLD, Elvin Peterson wrote:

How do I create a REPL for emacs for elisp?

Just use lisp-interaction-mode, there you can use C-j to evaluate form
before the cursor and result is inserted into the buffer.  The initial
*scratch* buffer is started in this mode.

That is quite painful to use, especially since I don't get the command recall and options to access outputs of previous commands. Something like SLIME would be really nice.

Thanks.