Re: Question on Mule and Makor2, font display vs char input?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: Question on Mule and Makor2, font display vs char input?
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:20:45 -0600

   Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu> writes:

   > No, I want the characters <lambda>, <mu> to be emacs glyphs, not
   > inline images.  X-symbol is much closer to what I want!

   all external representations are images in some form or another.

If the characters feel like the usual latin-1 characters, like the
greek letters entered with TeX input mode, I'll be happy.  If they
feel like output from latex2html I don't think I'd use 'em.  The range
of characters handled by the TeX input mode is pretty decent (are
these "internal" representations or "external" ones?), I'd rather
support development of this system (including adding more characters)
than try to use another system.