Re: code beautification

From: Leonardo Boiko
Subject: Re: code beautification
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 19:09:34 -0400

Thomas Ruschival wrote:
My problem is now I don't know how to build a regexp that works over
> several lines with backrefs.

It seems that you solved your problem using the indent(1) program, which is nice. But if I want to do this kind of complex substitution in Emacs, I use macros. If you're not familiar with them, I'd recommend reading the relevant section of the manual. Emacs macros are really easier than they sound, and very useful.

Also, consider learning some elisp. I find that a quick function in the scratch buffer is sometimes the simplest way of accomplishing a task.
--
Leonardo Boiko