Re: emacs for everything?

From: Zajcev Evgeny
Subject: Re: emacs for everything?
Date: 4 Dec 2004 17:23:19 -0800

jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl (Janusz S. Bie?) wrote in message
news:<mailman.363.1101029322.27204.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>...
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004  Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> wrote:
>
> > floyd@barrow.com (Floyd L. Davidson) writes:
> >
> > > Of course, again, the point is that an X window manager is
> > > flexible, and *any* of those options can be changed to suit
> > > *any* user.
> >
> > Oh, no!  I've tried twm, piewm, olvwm, mwm, dtwm, ctwm, fvwm1, fvwm2,
> > wmaker, ion, larswm, wmx, sawfish, MetaCity, ratpoison, IceWM,
> > BlackBox, FluxBox, OpenBox, and perhaps some others, and none of them
> > suits me, and none of them was flexible enough.
> >
> > Currently, I use OpenBox.  It's painful, but I can bear it.
>
> Has anybody tried XWEM?
>
>         http://www.nongnu.org/xwem/
>
>          XWEM is extremly usable and configurable Window Manager, if you are
>          familar with Emacs editor, then you are automatically familar with
>          XWEM.

XWEM does not work under GNU Emacs control.  But only on XEmacs, and
it is already official xemacs package(you can grab most recent sources
from xemacs packages cvs repository).  Link above is out of date.
Most recent information about XWEM you can find at http://www.xwem.org

Reading this thread about how people uses X was really exciting, i
found that XWEM benefits almost every idea about managing windows that
was mentioned in this thread.

--
XWEM - Makes RMS run XEmacs in secret.