Re: xemacs plug-in for eclipse

From: Eric Eide
Subject: Re: xemacs plug-in for eclipse
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 07:59:14 -0700 (MST)

"Subhakar" == Subhakar K S <Subhakar> writes:

        Subhakar> Is there a xemacs plug-in available for the eclipse IDE.

What does that mean?  Do you want to plug XEmacs into Eclipse, or vice versa?

I doubt that anyone has written an Eclipse plug-in that embeds an actual Emacs
into Eclipse.  If there *is* such a beast, I doubt that the embedded Emacs
editors would work with the rest of Eclipse in the way that Eclipse users
generally expect editors to work.

Note that Eclipse comes with an option to switch to Emacs-like key bindings.
Maybe that is enough for you?

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX