Re: vc-annotate not displaying all lines

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: vc-annotate not displaying all lines
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 03:35:52 GMT

> When I do `C-x v g' on a CVS-versioned file in my debian GNU Emacs 21,
> the output is missing some lines from the file.  I haven't found any
> pattern in what version the missing lines belong to.

It's a bad interaction between libc, OpenSSH, and CVS.
Please send a bug report about it to OpenSSH.

In the meantime, you can work around the bug by setting CVS_RSH to point to
the following script:

   % cat $CVS_RSH
   #!/bin/sh
   (ssh "$@" 2>&1 1>&3 | cat) 3>&1 1>&2
   %

Include this script in your bug-report so they know to which problem it
is referring to.  We need to send enough bug-report to convince them to
fix it (it is not exactly a bug, but it makes it difficult for other
programs like Unison, rsync, cvs, to work reliably when the use ssh).

        Stefan