Re: Problems using psgml with emacs

From: Harald Joerg
Subject: Re: Problems using psgml with emacs
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:44:56 +0100

Anders Gjendemsjø writes:

> Typing C-c C-c in emacs gives me:
> (running Windows XP)
>
> "Opening input file: permission denied c:/sgml"
>
> Any tip`?

I guess you're talking about sgml-show-context?
Does c:/sgml exist?  If yes: Is it a file or a directory?
What's your doctype declaration?
What does C-h v sgml-catalog-files say?
Do you have an environment variable SGML_CATALOG_FILES?
What do you have in your *Messages* buffer?

I'd guess that either the SYSTEM identifier of your doctype or at
least one of the files in sgml-catalog-files, or one of the files
referred to in your sgml-catalog-files, or one of the directories
where the files are, contains either a space (after 'c:\sgml') or a
backslash.  Or maybe you fall victim to the default value of
sgml-ecat-files of ("ECAT" "~/sgml/ECAT" "/usr/local/lib/sgml/ECAT"):
"~/sgml/ECAT" looks pretty much like "C:/sgml/ECAT".
--
Cheers,
haj