Re: Can I store the .emacs file to other location?

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: Can I store the .emacs file to other location?
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:37:57 +0100

    Jack> Hi, I am a newbie to emacs.  I use emacs on Windows 2000 pro box. The
    Jack> default location the .emacs file residing is C:\ I want to move the
    Jack> file to other place. How can I do?  Many thanks.

Hi, this is a FAQ. The question "Where do I put my .emacs, (or _emacs), file?"
and many more Windoze related questions are answered in the GNU Emacs for
Windoze FAQ at "http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs.html";.

There you can read that e.g. setting the HOME Environment to the directory where
you want to store your init file is one solution.

Hope this helps...

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/thorsten.bonow

"Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice
between what is right and what is easy,..."

Albus Dumbledore in JK Rowling's "Harry Potter and the Goblet of
Fire"