Re: How to send a mail using smtp?

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Re: How to send a mail using smtp?
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:29:54 +1100

On 19 Dec 2004, Jack@mail.org wrote:
> Can you tell me how to config my emacs to send mail by using smtp?

That isn't generally the best plan, since using the local sendmail will
(usually) still put things in the queue even if the server is down.

Anyway, look at the `smtpmail' package, which has help on hooking it
into whatever mail client you use -- or tell us which one and you might
get more detailed advice.

Regards,
        Daniel
--
There's no sense in being precise when you don't
even know what you're talking about.