Re: How to send a mail using smtp?

From: D P Schreber
Subject: Re: How to send a mail using smtp?
Date: 19 Dec 2004 13:08:50 GMT

On 2004-12-19, Jack@mail.org <Jack@mail.org> wrote:
> Can you tell me how to config my emacs to send mail by using smtp?

You mean by using a remote smtp server?  The following works for me:

(setq send-mail-function                'smtpmail-send-it
      message-send-mail-function        'smtpmail-send-it
      smtpmail-default-smtp-server      "your.smtp.server.here"
      smtpmail-smtp-service             "smtp"
      sendmail-program                  "MAIL_NOT_SENT"
      smtpmail-debug-info               nil)

(load-library "smtpmail")

where you would of course replace "your.smtp.server.here" with the name of
your actual smtp server.