Re: How to customize which perl perldb uses?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: How to customize which perl perldb uses?
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:58:04 -0700

KKramsch wrote:
The default version of perl that my ISP uses is the decrepit 5.005,
even though various 5.6.x and 5.8.x versions are installed and
available to users.  When I run perldb, however, Emacs uses the
default v. 5.005, which limits this perldb to debugging only ancient
Perl code.

How can I customize which version of Perl Emacs uses for perldb?

You can always specify the full path to the executable when prompted by
M-x perdlb.

But have you tried putting the 5.8.x or 5.6.x directory ahead of the
5.005 directory in your PATH?

--
Kevin Rodgers