Re: break signal on Mac OS X doesn't work

From: David Goodger
Subject: Re: break signal on Mac OS X doesn't work
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 18:03:18 -0500

[Barry Margolin]
I've seen the same thing, but only when the command I'm trying to
interrupt is setuid.

Mine aren't setuid.  It's any command at all -- I can't interrupt
anything.  For example,

    while [ 1 ] ; do sleep 1 ; done

I end up having to open up another shell, and kill the process
from there.

I posted here (or maybe in a comp.sys.mac group)
months ago and never got a useful answer.

The workaround is to type "C-q C-c RET" to send a literal Control-C
rather than a signal.

Even that doesn't work for me :-(

Thanks for replying!

--