Re: emacs for everything?

From: Floyd L. Davidson
Subject: Re: emacs for everything?
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:33:33 -0900

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
>floyd@barrow.com (Floyd L. Davidson) writes:
>
>> Ravi Uday <raviuday@gmail.com> wrote:
>>><snip>
>>>>

>>>Yea right, it works, but how does one start the server to enable
>>>this client to connect to it. Do you have a procedure which
>>>could be easily followed ?
>>
>> Everyone is telling you to put it into your ~/.emacs, and I'm going
>> to tell you *do not do that*!  If you do, it means you cannot
>> execute Emacs without starting a server...  a limitation you do
>> *not* want.
>
>emacs -q

Wonderful...  ;-)

(I don't think the OP wants an invocation of emacs like that.  We
are not addressing seasoned users and developers...)

>but apart from that, if a server is already running, no new server
>gets started.

Sure, but if you don't want to start a server...

--
Floyd L. Davidson           <http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidson>
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)                         floyd@barrow.com